Best tool bags
You do not have to be a professional to be interested in reading the best tool bag review or purchase the best tool bag you can find. Everyone has a few tools around the house because all of you need a screwdriver or things like this from time to time. However, keeping them all over the garage or the shed is not a good idea. You will never be able to find what you are looking for if you are not organized, and some of the tools you may have may even deteriorate if you do not store them properly. That is why a tool bag is one of the best choices you can make.
Why not a toolbox?
Both toolboxes and tool bags are useful when it comes to tool storage and transportation. Nevertheless, the tool bag may have some advantages over the toolbox. For one, a tool bag can be folded down whenever you do not need it. Let’s say that you have numerous tools, but when you get called to a job, you only need a particular set. What are you going to do? Take the whole toolbox with you? Of course not, just get the tool bag out of storage, fill it with whatever you need, and off you go.
Another advantage of a tool bag is that it is lightweight. Toolboxes are generally made of metal. Some of them are made of plastic, but very few people go for those because they can crack easily. Metal is a lot heavier than padded fabric, which is why most people find it more convenient to carry.
Lastly, if you only have a few tools at home, and I am referring to the essential tools someone may need around the house, there is no point in spending a lot of money on a toolbox. A tool bag can easily fit all the tools you have without occupying too much space.
So why invest in a tool bag?
Many people prefer a tool bag over a toolbox, and it is easy to see why. Here I why I think you should pick a tool bag.
- All your tools will be in the same place – instead of leaving all of your tools around the house, garage, or wherever you may keep them, you can put them all in the same place. A tool bag is designed to accommodate multiple kinds of tools so that you have one designated space for all of them.
- It makes carrying the tools easier – while toolboxes have a handle, tool bags have padded straps. You can put the bag on your shoulder leaving your hands free for whatever you may need them. In my opinion, it is a lot easier to go where you need to be with a tool bag than with to a toolbox. Not to mention that the latter is more lightweight too.
- It will keep your tools safe – some devices, especially the ones that involve the use of oil, need to be stored in a particular way, away from water or direct air. A tool bag is ideal for that. Since the fabric keeps the tools safely, your things will maintain their integrity for longer.
- You can use it if you are a professional – you have probably seen a lot of workers with a tool bag. Whether you are a plumber or an electrician, you can use the tool bag to carry your equipment wherever you need to go. Plus, manufacturers designed tool bags for every field so that you can use the bag to its full potential.
What to consider when looking for the best tool bag
Since you are in the market for a new tool bag, you need to learn what to look at when you want to make a purchase. Not all tool bags are created equal, which is why you cannot buy a random product you see. Here is what you need to take into consideration before hitting the buy button.
- Material – manufacturers use numerous materials to produce tool bags, and the goal is to create a bag that lasts for an extended period of time. Materials such as polyester, nylon, or simple canvas are available, although nylon and canvas are the most commonly used. You need to choose one that is sturdy and durable so that you can enjoy your tool bag for longer.
- Multiple pockets – a tool bag needs to accommodate all kinds of tools, and hammers are not just as big as screwdrivers. The best tool bag will have multiple pockets of different sizes so that you can organize it better. Keeping screws between tools is not the best way to go because it is not convenient, which is why you should pick a product that suits your needs best.
- High-quality zippers – a tool bag will take a lot of abuse because let’s face it, it is not needlework you need to do, which is why you need to choose tool bag that I equipped with heavy-duty zippers. The last thing you need is for the zippers to break and you to not be able to close the bag. Stuff gets lost that way. Plus, the bag loses its protection function.
- Padded bottom – the best tool bag has a padded base. Why? Because it will spend most of its time on the floor or other rough surfaces. To preserve the integrity of the bag, the padding is added so that the inside does not get wet. Plus, dust can enter easier inside the bag if the bottom is not thick enough. Moreover, some models have small feet. It is just as good as the padding.
- Padded shoulder straps – tools are not the most lightweight items in the world, and if you have a few, then you need to carry them with ease. Shoulder straps are beneficial, but padded shoulder straps are even better. They will protect your shoulders from becoming sore after carrying for too long.
- Wheeled tool bag – if you know that you have a lot of tools to carry around or the few you have are very heavy, you should consider buying a wheeled tool bag. They will eliminate the pressure on your shoulders, neck, and back you get from carrying a heavy weight with the help of straps, even if they are padded.
- Size – not all tool bags are made of the same size, which is why you need to choose one that can carry all the tools you need. Plus, some tool bags have hooks and clips that allow you to hang some of the tools you have.
What are the best tool bags?
There are plenty of products on the market, but that does not mean all of them are suited for you. You should follow the criteria I listed above so that you can select the best tool bag for you. Also, you could read some tool bags reviews online to learn about other people’s experiences with the products they bought. It is always a good thing to see other buyers’ opinion on a product that you may like. However, if you do not want to lose too much time doing research, just choose one of the products I selected for you. You will not be disappointed.
Carhartt Legacy Tool Bag
The first tool bag that I found to be more than satisfactory is the one manufactured by Carhartt. It comes both in black and brown colors, and there are three available sizes. I am sure that one of them will suit your needs. The design is practical, and the multiple pockets are organized so that you get the most of the bag.
The tool bag from Carhartt is durable and has one zippered main compartment. As for pockets, it has 17 exterior pockets and 10 in the inside. That should be more than enough to suit most needs. The internal metal frame allows easy access, and also keeps the tool bag from collapsing on itself. The manufacturer used sturdy synthetic fabric, and the bag jas a rain defender water repellent. That should provide your tools with the protection they need.
As for construction, the Carhartt tool bag has a triple needle-stitch construction for extra durability. It will hold all your tools together without tearing. The rugged haul handles and the YKK zippers ensure that all your tools are secure. Plus, the metal hardware and the abrasion-resistant base will make sure that you will enjoy this bag for many years to come.
CLC Work Gear Custom Leathercraft Tray Tool Bag
Another product that I think you will enjoy is the one from CLC Work Gear. This tool bag has a different design from the previous product, but many people look for such a model. It resembles a toolbox, but it is made of fabric and not metal. It is lightweight, and its 16 pockets accommodate most of the basic tools you may have around the house.
As mentioned above, this tool bag has a total of 16 pockets. 8 of them are located on the outside while the other 8 are in the inside. It can carry both large tools as well as accessories. The main pocket is equipped with web loops to hold large tools, and the plastic tray at the center allows you to arrange small parts inside the bag. A strap is provided so that the tray does not slip while the bag is knocked over. That way you are not going to lose your small accessories.
This tool bag is effortless to carry. The carrying paddles are very well padded, and you also receive a shoulder strap which can be adjusted according to your comfort. The strap is also padded for your convenience. The hooks and clips allow you to hand several accessories such as measuring tape, scotch tape, and whatever else you may need.
Workpro Tool Storage Bag
Last but not least, the Workpro tool bag is ideal for all those who are looking for a more affordable solution. This is one of the cheapest tool bags you will find online, but at the same time, quality is not as affected by the low price as you would think. This tool bag still has an excellent price-quality ration, and I think you will find it most useful.
The tool bag from Workpro is perfect if you have small and medium hand tools that need proper storage space. The wide mouth ensures easy access, and the zipper will contain the tools so that they do not suffer damage. Plus, it makes it easier for you to carry the tools since you will not have to keep an eye on losing them. The strap that is included in the package is adjustable and padded for your comfort.
This tool bag features a rubber foam bottom that not only protect the content of the bag, but it also ensures long-lasting usage. You can put it on the ground or wherever you want, and the bag will not lose its integrity. The outer mesh pockets can store small items as well as personal belongings.
While I believe that no matter which of the three models you pick to take home, you will be satisfied with your choice, personally, I prefer the CLC Work Gear Custom Leathercraft Tray Tool Bag. It is convenient, ideal in size, and it is sturdy enough to suffer through a lot of abuse. I think it is one of the best tool bags you can find at this price.
A tool bag is useful around any house, no matter whether you are a professional or just a regular person who owns a few screwdrivers and a set of pliers. The point is to keep all your tool in the same place and in secure conditions. A tool bag is designed to do precisely that, and I am sure that if you buy one, you will be satisfied with its use. Click here to buy on Amazon
- An Honest View of Power Tool Bag
- What Absolutely Everyone Is Saying About Leather Tool Pouches for Carpenters
- The Leather Tool Bag Stories
- Top Tool Belts and Pouches Choices
- The Hidden Truth Regarding Awp Tool Belt Uncovered by an Expert
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Leather Tool Pouch Before You’re Left Behind
- The Debate Over Cheap Tool Bags
- Purchasing Best Carpenters Tool Belt
- Choosing Heavy Duty Tool Bag Is Simple
- A Review of Leather Carpenter Tool Belt
- Magical Answers to Tool Belts for Sale Identified
- Get the Scoop on Tool Tote Bag Before You’re Too Late
- Things You Should Know About Carpenter Belt
- A Startling Fact about Small Tool Bag Uncovered
- Kids, Work and Dewalt Tool Belt
- What Everybody Is Saying About Rolling Tool Bag
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Canvas Tool Bag?
- Finding the Best Carpenter Tool Bags
- Kids, Work and Tool Bag with Wheels
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Best Tool Belt
- The Insider Secrets for Tool Belt Pouch
- The Key to Successful Hvac Tool Bags
- Dewalt Tool Bag – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Details of Electrician Tool Pouch
- What to Expect From Husky Tool Bag?
- Effective Techniques for Tool Pouch You Can Begin to Use Today
- The Ultimate Solution for Electrician Tool Bag
- The Carpenter Tool Belt Trap
- Tool Belt Suspenders Secrets
- The Lost Secret of Backpack Tool Bag
- The Secret of Electrician Tool Belt Nobody Is Discussing
- The Hidden Treasure of Leather Tool Belt
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Tool Bag Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- The Tool Backpack Trap
- Getting the Best Tool Belt